Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flying under Big Brother's radar

I see the thread on the NSA spying was closed, and understandably so seeing as it was veering towards the political side of the topic. What is really interesting about the Prism spying topic is the way it is focusing people's attention on the more private and secure alternatives that can free them from the dodgy services provided by the giant corporations. I would like to point the forum readers' attention to following site, which shows lots of alternative software and services that protect your online privacy: http://prism-break.org/
    I think this is an uncontroversial way of treating the NSA/Prism spying scandal on Talk Graphics, as it deals with the technological side, and not the political side, and people can share their tips and tricks for flying under Big Brother's radar.
    Another useful link is this one to a short and clear manual instructing one how to configure Thunderbird for mail encryption: http://www.flossmanuals.net/thunderbird-workbook/

Regards,
    M
    IP

Default Re: Flying under Big Brother's radar

Quite honestly, Obama and Cameron can read my emails. They will find them perfect for getting off to sleep.

I rather they read my emails as well as the emails of potentially dodgy people.
    IP

Default Re: Flying under Big Brother's radar

Yes and this one is closing too and for the same reason quoted below.

As the Administrator of TalkGraphics I believe that this topic does fall into the "volatile subjects such as religion or politics" category so I am closing this thread.

I believe that this is absolutely a topic that is important to discuss on forums that specialize in privacy or other political matters.

But if you want your voice and viewpoint on this subject to actually matter, to actually make a difference, you need to contact the representatives and in your local and national government and tell them how you them to handle these privacy and security issues and tell them where you think the balance point between privacy and security should be. Voters can influence public policy in much more direct and measurable ways by communicating directly with representatives rather than hoping that policy makers will read and be persuaded by forum posts.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com
    IP