Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Good deals on well-designed typefaces

Gary Priester pointed out an excellent deal on the Bodoni family of fonts at Check out the Bodoni Family deal here/Fonts.com. I've dropped some chump change in the past, getting both desktop and webfont versions of high-quality "must haves" in a professional artist's drawer of typefaces.

Mighty Deals is a good place, too, not every day, but you might want to get on their mailing list for fresh, cottage industry web and desktop faces. For $9, I got Thirsty Rough the other day:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thirsty Rough.jpg 
Views:	844 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	96691

20 different weights of what I'd call "Grunge Script", terrific for making vintage signs, and the 21st font in the pack is solely dirt, grunge and scratch marks (a symbol font), so it will be easy for me to add random imperfections to my imperfect design work. :)

Like most of these discount and "freemium" spots, the offers only last a day or so, but the pricing on Mighty Deals makes it easy for you to make an impulse purchase out of your PayPal account or whatever.

Nice stuff, generous licensing, when these days desperate commercial software vendors have the gall to call a 15% discount on an $800 product a "Blow-out Sale".

My Best,

Gary

Default Re: Good deals on well-designed typefaces

Thanks for pointing us in the direction of this great font family. As much fun that you can have for 6,75€, with the possible exception of our local supermarket, masymas, which has a great offer on 2 x 1 litre bottles of vino tinto Rioja crianza Antaño for pretty much the same price. I like that there are grunge effects in the lower case letters too, which are very useful.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Good deals on well-designed typefaces

Thanks for the info Gare. I liked Thirsty Rough, don't know what I'll do with it but I bought it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.