Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Greetings all! I'm trying to read a text file to stick content into a dynamic text box. I can make the box and read the variable by using the loadvariable action and telling it the url is something.txt. Inside the text file, I put variable=something something.

What I'd like to do is to read multiple variables from within one text file. I thought it'd be simply:
    var1=text text
    var2= other text
    var3= you get the picture

Then, when I give the movie the load variables command, it would read the text file and grab the necessary variables and insert them into the appropriate text boxes. What it does is put ALL of the text into the first text box.

Am I formatting the text file wrong? Am I calling the variables wrong? Do I need a separate text file for each variable? Am I just screwed up?

Thanks as always.
    IP

Greetings all! I'm trying to read a text file to stick content into a dynamic text box. I can make the box and read the variable by using the loadvariable action and telling it the url is something.txt. Inside the text file, I put variable=something something.

What I'd like to do is to read multiple variables from within one text file. I thought it'd be simply:
    var1=text text
    var2= other text
    var3= you get the picture

Then, when I give the movie the load variables command, it would read the text file and grab the necessary variables and insert them into the appropriate text boxes. What it does is put ALL of the text into the first text box.

Am I formatting the text file wrong? Am I calling the variables wrong? Do I need a separate text file for each variable? Am I just screwed up?

Thanks as always.
    IP

Try putting "&" (without quotes) between your variables in the text file, e.g:
    x="text"& y="text text"& z="other text"
    Also there is no need to put var keyword in the text file.
    Try it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Alex Dzhulay
    www.linecraft.com
    IP

That did it!! Thanks much!
    IP