Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Wacom Cintiq 12WX and XDPX display problems

I'm having a problem with the interface display on my Wacom tablet. It has been getting increasingly messed up so I finally thought I'd ask folks here if anyone has a solution. The problem is this, if I open XDPX on my monitor all's well, but if I open it on my tablet the left vertical tool menu is black with the exception of the mask icon. Same with the top menu that begins with the new document, open folder, etc. horizontal menu--many icons are blacked out. They start to appear when I pass my cursor over them but some not at all--Save, Undo, Redo, etc. Sometimes drop down menus are blacked out--PDF export buttons, stroke shapes, etc. It's really starting to annoy me!

I remember awhile back someone made note of a Windows update that messed up the display and if you remove it the problem is gone. I can't remember what the issue was but I recall the thread about it. But I can't find it now though I've done some searches here. Perhaps the above problem is related, I don't know. I have the latest Wacom driver installed and I am running Windows 7 64bit with automatic updates. If anyone has any suggestions that I could try to fix these issues I'd be grateful. Just please don't ask me to format my hard drive, reinstall, etc. I can live with this but, like I said, it's quite annoying.

Default Re: Wacom Cintiq 12WX and XDPX display problems

Hey ZEBToonz - Have you looked at what has changed on your system since the problem appeared?

In Windows 7 there is a tool called the "reliability monitor". You can just go to start and type reliability monitor and click it. You will see a graph by date showing what updates have been added, what programs have crashed etc. If you can hone in on the date when you started to have the problem, you can see what was done right before that and either undo the change or do a system restore to that time (assuming you have system restore points turned on).

Does that help?

Thanks for the suggestion! I never knew there was such a feature as that! I looked around and tried to pinpoint where the problem began but couldn't really find it. I'm not too keen on doing a restore as I've installed other programs since this was a problem. So, for now, I will just open XDP on my main monitor and then drag it to my tablet. That seems to work.

Another possible option would be to install an updated video card driver from the video card manufacturer (not Windows Update). In fact, Windows update may have installed a new driver for you which could be the reason for the issue. Definitely worth a look. Check your device manager for the brand and model of the card and the version of the currently installed driver (as well as the driver provider, which should be something other than Microsoft), then go to that vendor's site for the updated driver, assuming there is a newer one. It's probably Intel, NVidia, or AMD, if I had to guess.

Hope this helps. BTW - I just happened to have watched your cartooning video on youtube last night (with the badger) - wish I had that sort of artistic talent. I took a cartooning class way back when, but just never did follow up on it!

Try starting the program without the visual themes (right click the shortcut that opens the program, choose properties en take the tab "compatibility". There you can disable the visual themes in the display settings)

Thanks for the compliment, Slavelle! I tried disabling the visual themes, Michael, and the first time I started it it worked. But the second time it was back to the same old problem. Thanks for the advice though as that's another feature I didn't know existed. Slavelle, I have an Nvidia card and the driver is up to date. So I'm back to my first solution, start up on my main monitor before dragging to my tablet. The little pleasures of life!