Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Kington, Herefordshire. I used to live on a boat on the English waterways

Default Non standard font

When uploading my site I get the warning that I have included a non standard font. I suppose that it is telling me the truth but none of my styles is in anything but Arial so I must have accidentally included Calibri somewhere as as effect (using the old Computer Concepts Impression terminology!). How do I find where it has been used? It is not obviously visible anywhere.

Hope that someone knows!

Nick

Default Re: Non standard font

Nick, in XDPX, you have the Name gallery where you can expand the Used fonts and highlight Calibri to select your offending text.

In XWD9P, I would select all on a page, switch to the Text tool and then click on Arial.

Both would be a page-by-page solution so I hope someone else can think of a better strategy.

Acorn

I don't think Web Designer MX has a Names Gallery, Acorn. Nor does it support Styles so Nick will have to go through the document page by page, select the text and locate any text that is not web safe.

Nick - Web Designer 9 Premium supports Styles (Normal Text, Heading 1-4) etc. So if you assign a style to your text then you can simply redefine a style and change the font, style, size, color, size etc. all in one step. Something to consider.

Hi All,

What I found out is when you group (CTRL G) your text with for example an underlying object. Designer Pro X doesn't complain anymore when exporting a non compliant font.

Maybe that is a solution?

Regards,
    Frits

Thatīs true, but in those cases the text is exported as a bitmap and thus cannot be indexed by search engines nor selected/copied from the page. In some cases that may not be a problem but for website's content text thatīs not desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I don't think Web Designer MX has a Names Gallery, Acorn.
    Gary, I didn't say it had. I just pointed out two approaches.

I agree it would be a page-by-page activity, but in selecting all on the page you can force all fonts to Arial.
    If you had styles and other web-safe fonts then this is too much of a sledgehammer.

This was all Nick asked for.

Acorn

Sorry that I have not been back to comment. I am using Designer Pro. I will have a go at the solutions and see what happens. Many thanks to all.

Nick

Sorted.

The Names gallery gave me the info that I needed. I had imported the strange font with the vicar's pew sheet because I used 'copy rich text'.

Thanks to all for the comments.

Nick