Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cool cat .... but maybe a little too powerful to keep from totally ruling over the human servants of the house [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] it's bad enough sometimes with the 4 legged variety [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

Thanks guys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ya imagine a cat with 6 legs David,you could never discipline it because you could never catch it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

That pic was one in a million,I was in my kitchen one day and I couldnt believe it there was my goofy cat stealing a piece of toast off the bread table,when I picked my jaw back up I sprint hobbled for the camera as quick as I possibly could and just after I took the shot he did a backflip type cat ejection seat type of manouver and dissapeared [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh ya he does get fed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]....correction he does extort more then he needs.

Stu.

You seem very unhappy that folks that own a billion dollars worth of software don't usually know how to use it (I won't name names, but a lot of columnists for computer magazines get mega-ware for free, boast about how effortless it is, but in reality never open the box, and use the press release as the basis of their article), but at the same time, you state that there's nothing your Mind's Eye wants to get out at the moment.

May I suggest that you take a stroll outdoors, look in directions (such as up) that people don't usually look in, find a strange beetle and marvel that in Creation, someone is making little organic robots, take a look at the polishing quality water in a stream has on rocks? I was in the Bahamas in 1983, and our villa (don't get excited...they call a shack a "villa") faced the ocean. Every night, as alcoholism is a BIG problem there, the locals would booze it up, dance and sing and keep tourists from sleeping and toss beer bottles into the ocean and mostly missed and hit rocks.

I went out the next day and saw the most amazing thing. The tides of the ocean had polished broken glass shards into perfectly smooth pebbles. I immediately collected them up to add to my seashell collection that I brought home.

My point is that even in ennui (boredom, listlessness), you can make the world a place full of enjoyment and observation, and channel what you see through to a program.

What a wonderful collection of art you would create if you made a regimen of "filtering" and impression of a day, every day for a month!

There's a frown deep inside you someplace, and I'm trying to turn it into a laugh.

I hope this was a good place to start.

Voltaire:" God is a comedian whose audience is afraid to laugh."

....exaples abound.

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twins.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	11783  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

The outlook one takes is half the battle.

Lately I've been feeling bit of funk, thanks for pointing me towards the horizon.

Best regards.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I'm impressed by your advice in your last posting. Seeing the world in such ways can certainly bring us greater happiness. I'll push myself more in that direction. I can't however see how it relates to the postings Brett has made.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

You can't be inspired, you can't eat, you can't make love, you can't even enjoy the Three Stooges if you're unhappy.

I just want to make people see themselves and the world in a way that makes them happy.

...and no, I'm not talking about dilusional "happy". I mean content enough to accept the world for what it really is, and ambitious enough to improve upon it.

Shit, that makes ME happy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pineapple.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	19670  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

the "art" of thinking a whole lot about nothing...
    turn off the computer, get out of the house, look around--really look, feel, taste, etc... get in touch with life, other people, share, LISTEN, SEE, FEEL....notice that the world is made up of much more than just yourself, just your ideas, just your pet projects, just your issues---and thank goodness!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

In ancient Greece, the artist was a go-between.
    On one hand you had the Muses whom gave inspiration, but this was only one side of the coin. On the other hand, you had the three Graces who were responsible for the contact with the others. So, if a person was inspired,but had closed his heart, or was envious, bored or having the black hole blues, the Graces couldn't do their job and the inspiration was there in vain.
    Yes, culture evolves backwards in time...

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Gary,
    I believe you are correct. I have been a bit melancholy lately, and I see that you have picked up on that. You must have some pretty keen powers of insight, because I didn't really realize it was coming across in my posts. Not to worry, I do try to get out and see the sun (not much here in Cleveland lately though) and the trees and the water. I try to spend as much time with my children as I can (thus my lack of time for artwork).

I used to play guitar with fervor, every day. I don't find the time anymore, even though my significant other loves to hear me play. The stresses of life can get to ya sometimes, and I just happen to be going through one of those times. I appreciate your advice, and I am impressed that someone actually cares.

One thing to note: I said there's not always something in my mind's eye that I wish to share. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Meaning, I do grab the paper and the soft pencil and let my feelings go sometimes, but it's nothing I'd want anyone to see.

Thanks again, Gary
    Brett

Dont forget that without the crap in your lives you would not be who you are today [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Maybe one day things will change and your life will be turned upside down and everything you thought you knew just turned 180 degrees,I hope that does never happen to anyone here but it brings home to you just what a gift it is to be alive,and just what a gift it is to live,trust me when I say that you dont really understand what that is like until your are threatened with it being taken away.But today you have the choice as you do every day to make a consciuos effort to engender change.How many people sit in front of the TV and get angry about something which is on,not once but repeatedly for the same reason,why get angry when you can turn off the TV.Life is not this huge big confusing mystery that has been sent to taunt us all,it is a gift we are given evry day of the week to do with what we please,follow your dreams,so what if you dont get exactly the outcome you would like at least you can say you have tried,and in the end that is all that matters is that you have tried.

Today and now in general I feel more content then I ever have.I endure......no not endure bad word,experience seizures,balckouts,headaches,spelling problems,perception problems.etc etc on a daily basis,I am a 32 year old man who has to use a walking stick to support himself,and the most embarassing of all live with his parents [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] because he cant look after himself well enough on his own anymore,yes I hate that part,but that is the way it is and I cant do anything about it,so I accept it,its all I can do.Through all this I can still feel content and that tells me I am living the gift which is life.What does the future hold for me well it looks bleak,but thats in the future its not today so why worry [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ooooh sorry I had a bit of a rant there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Take life and squeeze evry little drop out of it guys,not tomorrow,not next week,not next year,but TODAY,TODAY [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu.