Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I was wondering if there was a way to add password protection to one of the screens I have off of a menu? I only need one password, no userid needed, so I thought if you can embedded javascript, maybe we could imbed a password too.
    Thanks!

Anything on the userside is hackable. It is harder to hack the server side. Use a perl, PHP or some other cgi script.

Yes, I thought of that. I just didn't want to go to all the trouble. My customer wants one password for the page no matter who enters it, the whole thing seemed rather superficial to me that so I thought I could throw a line of code into the menu and be done with it.

After all, someone is less likely to look at MM. If you have done it before, I sure would appreciate some help. Otherwise, guess I'll keep looking.
    Thanks...

I do not think MM is set up to do Passwords, as in, print ******** for a character string. You can link to a simple html form with the script built right in, or use the same form and send it to a Perl script. It should take less than 20 line of code to do the job.

read the input line, parse it, check it and then jump to the actual page.

thank you for your reply. my service provider only allows password protecting entire folders, not single *.htm files. So I'll come up with something..

Hi Vinnie,

Use the index page in the password protected directory as the password entry form...