Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Soquili and John have made exactly the right pearls I am after.
    Fence, I can't seem to find the file with the ball that you suggested.
    This is what I did: Clicked open, clicked button folder, then I see no "balls" lol.
    So where is it?
    And I dont understand the x 1.3d.
    I missing something here aren't I?
    Please help.

*Deb*

No I don't think your missing anything Deb. I've opened my button folder and there's no Ball x 1.x3d in mine either. It might be that we're using different versions. Maybe Art will post it for you.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Deb,

The file is one of the buttons installed with Xara3D5. It's been so long ago, but I think it's only installed if you select the samples. If you are still using the download you won't find it until you install from the CD when it arrives.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Grrrrr I can't wait to get that Cd.
    Thank you both so much for responding that quickly.
    I am very thankful for all your help.
    You guys are the "gods" of this place http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Maybe it's one of the files on the cd. Sorry if that was the case. Here's the file. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Art
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fence, I clicked on you download and it opened a window full of code. Does this need to be placed into the buttons folder?
    And if the yes, how? I can copy it but not paste it.

I'm not really sure what's happening on your end. When I click on it, I'm given the option to open or save. If I click open, Xara x3d automatically opens the file. Depending on the text that shows up, you might be able to save it as a text file with an X3d extension and open it with Xara. What does the text look like?

Or, here's another way:

The ball is actually nothing more than a period. Open up a new x3d project and put in a period using a font like Times New Roman. I set the size to 70 pt, extrusion depth of 150, and a curved bevel with a depth of 999. You'll have to play with the colors/lights or add a translucent texture to achieve the desired results.

Art

Deb, you can also try right click on the link and select "Save Target As" to save the file.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

"This is what I did: Clicked open, clicked button folder, then I see no "balls" lol." Deb

Forgive me, but I am still laughing... The first thing that popped into my head after seeing your response was...

"girls don't have those..." ROTFL

Darn... I am in tears from laughing so hard.

My apologies... I am just a perverted old man and enjoy being one. Please take no offense. Please take these pearls as a token of my sincerity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2upload.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	2287  
    John/DOT

John im glad you found it funny I was beginning to worry about you guys!
    Now are you sure about giving me those gorgous pearls? I love them. I am having some success now that Fence has got me working on my pearls. They are not as good as yours though John. Perhaps when I get Webster I can improve. I will attach a picture of what I have done soon. I am not on my laptop right now.
    Also, I got the "ball file" after right clicking and using the save as target option.
    So thank you once again.