Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This question has already been asked and answered, but I can't get it to work. What I want is to have 2 different animations for 2 separate lines of text.

Here are the instructions given previously:

To create two separate rotations (animation styles) in Xara 3D:

- Hold down the "Alt" key and then press the "Home" key to remove all rotation on any axis.
    - This will create a "face on" view.
    - Select the type of animation you want for one of the items; shape or text. It will be applied to all items.
    - While "viewing" the animation, show the cursor and select the other shape/text.
    - Select a different animation for that one.

Here's what I have created in the "Text options":

- top is single line of text (hit enter)
    - bottom consists of two lines of text

I've tried the above destructions with and without a "line break", using the baseline shift, assigning an animation style to the first line first and then adding the second double line of text, etc., etc...

Obviously, I'm not doing something right. Gave up and came here knowing that the answer is but a post away! hahaha

Jeff

This question has already been asked and answered, but I can't get it to work. What I want is to have 2 different animations for 2 separate lines of text.

Here are the instructions given previously:

To create two separate rotations (animation styles) in Xara 3D:

- Hold down the "Alt" key and then press the "Home" key to remove all rotation on any axis.
    - This will create a "face on" view.
    - Select the type of animation you want for one of the items; shape or text. It will be applied to all items.
    - While "viewing" the animation, show the cursor and select the other shape/text.
    - Select a different animation for that one.

Here's what I have created in the "Text options":

- top is single line of text (hit enter)
    - bottom consists of two lines of text

I've tried the above destructions with and without a "line break", using the baseline shift, assigning an animation style to the first line first and then adding the second double line of text, etc., etc...

Obviously, I'm not doing something right. Gave up and came here knowing that the answer is but a post away! hahaha

Jeff

<Clears throat and talks in best John Wayne voice>

Well, hello, Pilgrim. Welcome to the boards.

Unfortunately, if I understand your dilemma correctly, you can't apply different animations to separate lines of text (ie..swing on one line/rotate on another). I don't even think you can use rotate1/rotate2 in the same document.

You can provide some variations to an animation. For example, rotate one line of text to the left and the next to the right. Unfortunately, you can't mix them.

Hope this helps.

Art

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You can provide some variations to an animation. For example, rotate one line of text to the left and the next to the right. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yep... tried that and at least that much works.

Thanks!!