Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Seamless texture 3-pack

Those are very nice textures Jim. Thanks for sharing them. Do you create your own filters? I use filter forge 3 as well I have the full version and often create my own filters so I can appreciate the work that goes into these textures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

I do at times but ,still figuring it out, Haven't really used Filter forge that much. I have had it for some time, I just never really had the interest in using it in a practical way
    Thanks Jim

I love to Bully Pixels
    IP

Thanks Jim, I also have Filter Forge but have not turned it on enough to know why I paid for it. Someday maybe.
    Richard
    IP

I suggest we might break this into a new thread: Frances is just about the best local authority of Filter Forge. She has featured it in tutorials and here we have two members—prbably more— who aren't getting all that much out of the software.

Am I begging the question, Frances?

;)

My Best,

Gary

P.S. Jim, I just now understood your avatar. Booting it out of frame, eh? :)
    IP

I've split this thread off from this thread in the Clipart forum

I'll do my best to help anyone interested in learning more about Filter forge and how best to use it with Xara. Also we do have someone from from FilterForge who checks this forum from time to time so this is a much better place to take this discussion.

Some tips for using FF with Xara.

1. Currently there is an issue with using Filter Forge as a live effect, but this can be worked around by locking the effect.
    2. Filter Forge can be used as a stand alone program to create seamless/ and nonrepeating (as in non seamless) textures that can be imported into Xara for many uses.
    Last edited by angelize; 02 June 2013 at 09:32 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    IP

Perhaps a small discussion on the shader tree interface, and how you can add and modify operators first?

Shader trees aren't always intuitive to use, and they're mostly the arena of material creation in 3D programs.

-g
    IP

For me when I started learning Filter Forge I realized something: That the shader tree was doing something similar to layering different kinds of noise, and adjusting transparencies of the layers. It was a different way of working. Here is an example of a very simple filter, I took a perlin noise component and plugged in some control components and plugged it into the result component. This gives me a filter that can generate different types of perlin based noise. Each control component gives a corresponding control on the filter controls panel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filter tree.png 
Views:	514 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	96490  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IP

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I suggest we might break this into a new thread: Frances is just about the best local authority of Filter Forge. She has featured it in tutorials and here we have two members—prbably more— who aren't getting all that much out of the software.

Am I begging the question, Frances?

My Best,

Gary

P.S. Jim, I just now understood your avatar. Booting it out of frame, eh?
    With that in mind, I got filter Forge and thought "Ok Now What? "Hey look I got colorful squares..!!! Yeaaaaa!"
    Thanks Jim

I love to Bully Pixels
    IP

Filter forge is much more than colourful squares For example take the simple filter shown in my last post. In just a couple of seconds I came up with this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ffsimpleperlin.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	96497
    Switch the result component from simple to surface and you can get something like this by adjusting a few settings:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ffsimpleperlin2.jpg 
Views:	537 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	96496
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IP

It looks a little undercooked; use the Outdoor Grill Filter and turn it up to 5 for about 3 minutes.

-g
    IP