Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Seamless texture 3-pack

Ok getting back on topic, here is another look at the simple filter example. This time I have added a blur component to the filter tree and added a few more controls. the blur component is a processing component and it gives the source output that's plugged into it a gaussian blur. I have also changed the profile setting on the perlin noise (I have added a control for this so this can be adjusted from the main filter window)to a linear setting and this gives the perlin noise a more cloud like look. You can see that I now have two different connections going into the result component, and only the height connection is passed through the blur component. The resulting texture is now looking more like strawberry preserves and less like raw meat

I have included a zipped FilterForge filter file of this simple filter that you can open in FF3 with a simple double click. Sorry the versions aren't backwards compatible so older versions won't be able to open it. Play around with the settings and experiment with it and see what kind of seamless textures you can come up with
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ff_simple2.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	96536   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ffsimpleperlin3.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	96537  

Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP