Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Would you want to use Google Glass?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I definitely want it.

2 11.76%
  • No. I wouldn't buy or use one.

9 52.94%
  • Yes. If the price was low or it was a gift.

1 5.88%
  • Not sure.

5 29.41%
  • I would use it at home.

0 0%
  • I would use it at work.

0 0%
  • I would use it all the time.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Glass

Default Google Glass

Technological advancements are inevitable. And players like Apple and Samsung have shown real innovations.
    Now we have the Google Glass.

You may or may not have heard of it, but, it is here.

Take part in our survey and let us know what you think and whether you would like to have one?

So, would you want and use Google Glass?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google glass pic.png 
Views:	348 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	96431  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone
    IP

Default Re: Google Glass

There are a lot of civil liberty implications to Google Glass. It makes me feel quite uneasy.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    There are a lot of civil liberty implications to Google Glass. It makes me feel quite uneasy.
    You didn't register a vote, Paul?

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone
    IP

There you go - sitting on the fence.

It would be fine until you think that you have no idea if someone is photographing or filming you, or what information they have in front of their eyes as they look at you.

I know the same can be true with mobiles, but generally people are aware that the person is doing something, but with google glass, there's a lot of potential for misuse - more than I can think of, I'm sure.
    IP

I did not register either. I think that Google glasses are not unlike the person in Los Angeles who wanted me to design a stereogram to be viewed on the Harbor Freeway. I responded that I did not think it was a good idea to place a diversion that requires effort to focus (if indeed at this size it could work at all) when people should be concentrating on the car in font of her or him.

If you think that people's ability to operate a vehicle are impeded by cell phones, at least with a cell phone you can still watch the road.
    IP

Up until now I didn't know about it. Now I know and I agree with Paul and Gary that there could be a potential for misuse, on the other hand there could be great good, although I can't think of any. Well maybe in the medical field. or sending videos to your friends and family. I'm not usually negative but honestly I cannot see any real beneficial use at the moment.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

It can be a massive, massive thing for law enforcement. There is a lot of progress in face recognition, number plate reading, etc. The police can really benefit from it - highlighting properties and perhaps even dangers as they go about their business.

What if a construction worker could see electrical, water and gas infrastructure in the road before he starts digging?
    IP

One of the most ill conceived ideas ever. google need to take note, just because you can do something does not mean you should. Here in the UK in a knee jerk reaction to a recent atrocity the government want to bring in a 'snoopers charter' whereby they have full access to all digital data, images and all data produced by the google glasses would be available to anyone working at the time for government and law enforcement and possibly private sub-contractors. Paul, there are many augmented reality products available which can do what you describe on laptops and smartphones without the need to wear glasses.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk
    IP

I'm aware of the apps for phones. The difference is that if someone is using them you can generally be aware. With Google Glas someone can be filming you, taking your picture, scouting out buildings, all without being noticed.

You might think it's a small difference, but I don't.
    IP

I wasn't aware that I thought it was a small difference, to me google glasses are just a bad idea, full stop.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk
    IP