Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cannot figure out how to make my selection a graphic without a background

Newbie to the forum.
    I am using PaintShop Pro X3. I have a great shot of my nephew being a complete goofball, but the background is awful, and I'd like to just use him as graphic in my scrapbook program (Scrapbook Factory Deluxe). To sum up, I want just him on the scrapbook page - without the white background. I have the selection promoted to a new layer with a transparent background. I cannot get it to work! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    IP

Default Re: Cannot figure out how to make my selection a graphic without a background

Quote Originally Posted by MrsK View Post
    Newbie to the forum.
    I am using PaintShop Pro X3. I have a great shot of my nephew being a complete goofball, but the background is awful, and I'd like to just use him as graphic in my scrapbook program (Scrapbook Factory Deluxe). To sum up, I want just him on the scrapbook page - without the white background. I have the selection promoted to a new layer with a transparent background. I cannot get it to work! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You only need to Copy, which is Ctrl+C
    You can then Paste the selection into you Scrapbook program.
    If you can't do that, save the selected image as a .png file, which will preserve the transparency, then paste it into your Scrapbook program.
    To save as a .png:
    Select Save As, find where you want to save it, then under Save as type: click on the triangle to open the drop down menu and select PNG Portable Network Graphics file, click Save.
    Hope this helps :-)

Grenou
    IP