Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Buy Adobe - Xara Designer Pro X for Mac OSX, please!

With the Cloud based stuff You loose some freedom when you work off line. Cloud base stuff can be dangerous if You don't have a good anti virus and cloud based with Adobe was way to intrusive and if Xara does that ,I'll go elsewhere.
    @jim64 - I wrote a review of the Adobe Creative Cloud for Communication Arts Magazine about two years ago. As I remember, you download the software that you want to use from the Creative Suite. You are not actually working in the cloud, except on a collaborative basis. You do get updates as they become available and bug fixes, etc. But you don't have to download the entire suite, only the products you need, as you need them.

Xara does not work in a cloud (though it might some day as this seems to be the direction software is heading), but it does communicate with Xara when you log on. I think most software does this now. It is not intrusive and for the most part it goes totally unnoticed. But if there are new templates, clip art, nav bars, etc. this is added to the appropriate galleries in the background.

To the best of my knowledge, Xara is not collecting personal information about you. If a program crashes, it does automatically create a crash report which it sends to Xara who may contact you for details of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    @jim64 - I wrote a review of the Adobe Creative Cloud for Communication Arts Magazine about two years ago. As I remember, you download the software that you want to use from the Creative Suite. You are not actually working in the cloud, except on a collaborative basis. You do get updates as they become available and bug fixes, etc. But you don't have to download the entire suite, only the products you need, as you need them.

Xara does not work in a cloud (though it might some day as this seems to be the direction software is heading), but it does communicate with Xara when you log on. I think most software does this now. It is not intrusive and for the most part it goes totally unnoticed. But if there are new templates, clip art, nav bars, etc. this is added to the appropriate galleries in the background.

To the best of my knowledge, Xara is not collecting personal information about you. If a program crashes, it does automatically create a crash report which it sends to Xara who may contact you for details of what happened.
    The Adobe Company Has a Cloudy Future
    http://beta.fool.com/jgmoorejr/2013/...gyholnk0000001

http://damnuglyphotography.wordpress...reative-cloud/

http://macperformanceguide.com/blog/...agreement.html

Ultimately Magix has to decide that the costs of Mac Development, support and promotion can be recouped before they will invest in a port (again).

In many ways Mac owners don't really fit the main Magix demographic.

A port is not an option Paul. As I remember this came up and the program had to be rewritten from scratch. Thus a heavy amount of programming time which given the smallish size of Xara is probably not where they want to focus their energy.

And remember, several years back, Corel, a much larger company with much greater resources gambled on the fact that professional designers working on the Mac when they saw how really terrific CorelDRAW was would switch from Illustrator to CD.

What Corel failed to take into account, is professional designers use a computer (for many of my generation grudgingly), and the last thing they want to do is to learn a new software application. Even if the other software is considerably better. Design professionals learn to use Adobe products in design school and that's what they use in the design world. Case in point. Corel no longer offers a Mac product.

@Jim64

I tried to send a message from your website but your form refused to cooperate. I apologize for being snide.