Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Buy Adobe - Xara Designer Pro X for Mac OSX, please!

Greetings,
    With so many people wanting to move away from Adobe software, please consider a native MAC OSX version of Xara Designer Pro X. We are one of those businesses looking to make the switch away from Adobe and Xara Designer Pro X is the perfect software to make this move.

We know that we can use Windows emulators like Parallels Desktop on the Mac, but the performance with the demo version of Xara Designer Pro X was not adequate for our business workflow with an emulator after we tested it. A native Mac version is very much needed in our shop.

Thank you for your consideration. We would be proud to be part of the Xara community and I am very sure that many other Mac users would as well.

Cheers!

Default Re: Buy Adobe - Xara Designer Pro X for Mac OSX, please!

Welcome to TalkGraphics WilliamThere

This is certainly not the first time this issue has been raised.

For a while, Xara was developing a Mac OS version. Then Xara was acquired by Magix and development on the MacOS and Linux versions ceased.

But as many are unhappy with Adobe's decision to go cloud based only, maybe Xara/Magic should give this a second look.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post

For a while, Xara was developing a Mac OS version. Then Xara was acquired by Magix and development on the MacOS and Linux versions ceased.

But as many are unhappy with Adobe's decision to go cloud based only, maybe Xara/Magic should give this a second look.
    With the Cloud based stuff You loose some freedom when you work off line. Cloud base stuff can be dangerous if You don't have a good anti virus and cloud based with Adobe was way to intrusive and if Xara does that ,I'll go elsewhere.

Xara for Mac is a VERY good idea and this is the perfect time to do it!
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHere View Post
    Greetings,
    With so many people wanting to move away from Adobe software, please consider a native MAC OSX version of Xara Designer Pro X. We are one of those businesses looking to make the switch away from Adobe and Xara Designer Pro X is the perfect software to make this move.

We know that we can use Windows emulators like Parallels Desktop on the Mac, but the performance with the demo version of Xara Designer Pro X was not adequate for our business workflow with an emulator after we tested it. A native Mac version is very much needed in our shop.

Thank you for your consideration. We would be proud to be part of the Xara community and I am very sure that many other Mac users would as well.

Cheers!
    Sorry about the TYPO. I meant to say "Bye Adobe" not Buy Adobe. Do not buy Adobe.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post

Thanks for the post Gary!
    I am crossing my fingers. I have been to many forums and social media online, and a lot of Mac OSX users are ready to make a drastic switch away from Adobe products. I wish Xara Designer Pro X would perform better with a windows emulator like parallels desktop. I would invest in it right now.

What Mac were you running Xara on and which version of parallels? I'm quite surprised that you'd see performance as an issue unless your Mac is under-powered.

There are other people here that run Xara under parallels and I've not heard any negative comments.

I've had some issues with cut and paste, but that might be more about Parallels configuration than anything else.

[ This isn't to say Xara running native on a Mac wouldn't be a bad thing - especially since there's a Mac Appstore now, so it should be even easier for people to buy it. ]

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    What Mac were you running Xara on and which version of parallels? I'm quite surprised that you'd see performance as an issue unless your Mac is under-powered.

There are other people here that run Xara under parallels and I've not heard any negative comments.

I've had some issues with cut and paste, but that might be more about Parallels configuration than anything else.

[ This isn't to say Xara running native on a Mac wouldn't be a bad thing - especially since there's a Mac Appstore now, so it should be even easier for people to buy it. ]
    Thanks for the reply Paul,

I am running on Mac OSX Lion on a MacPro with 10 gigs of memory, 1.5 tb drive, and Parallels version 8.
    How about you?

I don't think is a Xara software issue, but more that fact that its a windows emulator. I guess I am comparing to other native MacOS software and how they perform on my system. I am going to keep testing this setup for a few days to see how it goes.

Other graphic intensive software that I run on my system native OSX run great.

What are your thoughts on using VirtualBox?

Wow, you do surprise me. You have a better system than me.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Wow, you do surprise me. You have a better system than me.
    It must be that I am comparing the performance to other native MacOS software and how they perform on my system.
    When you use software every single day, maximum performance is important. I'll keep trying this setup and see how it goes.
    I still think that a native Mac Xara Designer Pro would be best for a business. Xara can benefit from this now. It's the perfect time to pursue this market. A lot of businesses are looking to switch away from Adobe products.
    Part of Adobe's success is because their software works on multiple operating systems.