Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default language versions of HTMLfilter.dll / highslide.js

this is really a pain for me and anybody designing sites in languages other than english

got a french website that's almost ready but the image popups use english for the user controls and that's pretty annoying when you're trying to look professional

there are workarounds and i'm using them but what would be nice would be if HTMLfilter.dll was delivered in different languages (plenty of people on here voluteer to do the translations if they don't already exist) so that highslide.js is generated in the right language without relying on a workaround

devs, any input?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: language versions of HTMLfilter.dll / highslide.js

Bon Idée, Frank.

The HS language should be the same as the language of the WD (or DP) you are using. So if you have a French WD, you should get a French HS on export.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    got a french website that's almost ready but the image popups use english for the user controls and that's pretty annoying when you're trying to look professional

there are workarounds and i'm using them
    I don't know what workarounds you are using but a while ago I prepared some language tweaks for the Highslide slideshows. Perhaps you find them useful. You can find them here:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...weaks-for-XWD6

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    The HS language should be the same as the language of the WD (or DP) you are using. So if you have a French WD, you should get a French HS on export.
    doesn't help if, like me, you design in multiple languages

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I don't know what workarounds you are using but a while ago I prepared some language tweaks for the Highslide slideshows.
    the problem with using tweaks is that you risk overwriting your hs file every time you make a change and export your html, so i have my own placeholder in the head which blocks the xara generated headers, inserts my own which include a different location for the hs file (also allows me to include my own charset), a location that isn't overwritten when you export. works fine with php, and probably with for the same reason ssi but haven't tried with plain html, although i don't see why not using comments, dunno haven't tried

but what would be nice would be if somebody could simply provide the dll with the french copy and any other language people want it in (yeah i can see the devs saying 'as if we havent got anything better to do)

what would be even nicer would be a way to switch languages within xara, telling it which dll to use or maybe use the same dll and just pull the language stuff from x number of different files in a lang subdirectory, must be plenty of ways to do it, where there's a will there's always a way
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    the problem with using tweaks is that you risk overwriting your hs file every time you make a change and export your html
    Not necessarily. Create support folder for your document (if your document name is "mywebsite.xar", create folder named "mywebsite_xar_files" in the same location as your document) and place your custom copy of the highslide.js into it. As long as you have this folder in the same directory as your design document, the highslide.js stored in it will be used instead of the one generated by the html export filter on every export.

But remember, the highslide.js generated on export is not the same as original highslide.js available from it's author. It is altered and contains some code specific for particular design. So if you want to make a custom version, you'd probably have to export your website first, then edit exported highslide.js the way you like.

so i have my own placeholder in the head which blocks the xara generated headers, inserts my own which include a different location for the hs file
    Yes, this doesn't seem nice at all.

(also allows me to include my own charset)
    By the way, if you export multilingual sites, and want to have some non-koi7 text in html properties (ie title, alt etc.), you can use XaReg utility to force all export to Unicode. You can also change declared (but not actually used) charset as described in pt 9 here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...anced-features

if somebody could simply provide the dll with the french copy and any other language people want it in
    I think you can purchase different language versions of WD.

what would be even nicer would be a way to switch languages within xara
    I think you should post this suggestion in the dear xara forum.
    John.

Good suggestion John. I moved the thread to Dear Xara.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Create support folder for your document (if your document name is "mywebsite.xar", create folder named "mywebsite_xar_files" in the same location as your document) and place your custom copy of the highslide.js into it. As long as you have this folder in the same directory as your design document, the highslide.js stored in it will be used instead of the one generated by the html export filter on every export.
    exactly what i was hoping to hear
    excellent solution thank you
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: language versions of HTMLfilter.dll

I'm reviving this thread because I really need a French version of HTMLfilter.dll that is compatible with XDPX9. Does such a file exist? Is the HTMLfilter.dll supplied with Magix Web Designer 9 Premium (French) compatible with XDPX9?
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: language versions of HTMLfilter.dll

Is nobody from Xara able to help?

I could do a textpad search & replace for
    Code:
    title="Close"
    before each upload, but it's far from ideal or convenient. Is there no better solution?

I have XDPX9. Could somebody not compile a HTMLFilter.dll with English title tags translated to French? I'd be happy to provide the translations. I'm sure I am not the only one to suffer from this.
    Avoiding Manual Labour.