Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Grouping Items as Div, not baking it as image

Quote Originally Posted by jobie View Post
    So given that there is, at present, no "Pro XI" (Pro 9), would I be allowed to use XWD9P for free since I already own the flagship product which is supposed to be the superset of all product offerings?
    Wishful thinking, but no freebie.

I would hope that the fine folks at Xara would not make me purchase a "lower end" product to get a usable web export?
    Nobody is making you do anything. Just be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by jobie View Post
    I would hope that the fine folks at Xara would not make me purchase a "lower end" product to get a usable web export?
    Do previous versions of Web Designer/DesignerPro not have usable web exports?

Many, many people use it daily to export websites....

I think Jobie is referring to his experience in getting his jQuery stuff working as per Acorn's suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Wishful thinking, but no freebie.

Nobody is making you do anything. Just be patient.

When WDP9 was first announced at $99 a few weeks ago, I struggled a bit with a similar decision -- wait for the upgrade from PDX8, or go ahead and get WDP9 and start using the newer features now. I started with the free eval version, and after a month -- and in consideration of a current project, I opted to spend the money on the WDP9. I was a bit disappointed that there were no cross-grade options, but in the end it was my decision to spend the extra money to get the features sooner, knowing that I'd still upgrade to PDX9 when it comes out.

Last week I received a promotional email notice letting me know about a discount crossgrade from PDX (and I believe possibly from WebStyle too?). I was a bit put out at first that I missed the discount, but wrote to the customer service folks at Xara - noting the 18 or 19 Xara products I've licensed over the last 10 years or so. I received a quick reply within a couple of days, and will be able to take advantage of the cross-grade when PDX9 is released, effectively getting my discount on WDP9 after the fact. I was pleased at such a courteous and responsive reply. Kudos to Xara.

In the end, if you have a qualifying product, getting WDP9 now will cost you something like US $50. If having the features now, probably a few weeks before DPX9 is released, is worth $50 - then it should be a no brainer. If having them now isn't worth $50, then rest assured that DPX9 will be out later this summer. I found just enough difference so that my workflow is improved -- and that's been enough for me to drop the $50 on it (it was actually enough for me to spend $99). Maybe it wouldn't make a difference to others. But that's why we have choices.

All in all, I'm a happy camper using WDP9 now, and knowing DPX9 will be coming out soon.