Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Not Safe For Work - Sexy Lingerie Site

This one was just skirting around our self imposed guidelines to site content. It is a lingerie shopping site and I am sure that is self explanatory. The sites looks was decided upon with the clients and dark colours were chosen together with splashes of pink. There nothing too risque on the site except lingerie items. The client has entered all the products themselves and as the photos are from various suppliers they are not all standard sizes as you might find on larger sites.

http://www.lovelingerie.biz/

Moderator's Note: This site does contain images that could be deemed NSFW (Not Safe For Work)
    Last edited by Barbara B; 27 May 2013 at 07:07 PM.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Sexy Lingerie Site

Hi Skech, this does indeed border on the guidelines of what we can allow here on TG but what I have decided to do as some of the lingerie clad models leave very little to the imagination is to add a warning that some of the content could be deemed Not Safe For Work.

One thing sketch I noticed on the mens dropdown in the navigation bar all links lead to the womens page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

That's fine, thanks Frances

Probably more fun than the tinted glass sites?

There's that magenta again. Is this their corporate color too?

Oh, Angelize. Come on now. Sketch's latest site is a treat, and TSFW -- Totally Safe For The Workplace... whether you are shopping... or just window-shopping!

Women NEED lingerie. Like the lady below, at the Uffizi Gallery in Florence, desperately wishing she'd shopped with Sketch's client before arising from the sea...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	botticelli-birth-venus.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	96304
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Of course it is Gary, you need to get out and see the proliferation of pink (I personally don't like pink but the fact is as a designer you have to go with what the customer asks, we are lucky in that we can persude our clients to let us come up with the concepts, but they do not move on their colour). The pink is there because (in this case) it appeals to female visitors.

I'm just giving you a hard time.

Gary -- of course it's pink! Think of all those Mary Kay ladies, THOUSANDS of them (and maybe more), striving for their ultimate dream -- a PINK Mary Kay Cadillac! Do they want a ... beige... Mary Kay Cadillac? A ... taupe... Mary Kay Cadillac? No! That car, that shining symbol of their success recruiting every single one of their neighbors to recruit every single one of THEIR neighbors -- that car, that vision, must be PINK!

My wife and I were at Cambria, north of Los Angeles, having lunch at a hotel. Suddenly, from a nearby ballroom, hundreds of screaming , shouting women burst out to the lobby, out to the parking lot. Their leader drove the most delightful pink Cadillac XLR you've ever seen, or probably never seen since GM recalled them all and re-painted them after the Mary Kay ladies drove them for a year or so. That XLR was a lovely light, pale pink, and the lady was wearing a pink suit, and it was all just this amazing feminine business riot that my wife though was absolutely wonderful.

Why, just imagine the possibilities -- if all those Mary Kay ladies found Sketch's website! Pink! Forever! Wherever!

More seriously, there is something unique about pink. The only color with it's own unique name that you make by adding white to another color? Like, it's not 'light-red'. Something like that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g258000000000000000c5d02d7ec53e809db13b874829fb7eab7e2dd12c.jpg 
Views:	3728 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	96306
    Last edited by jon404; 26 May 2013 at 10:40 PM.
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Suddenly, from a nearby ballroom, hundreds of screaming , shouting women burst out to the lobby, out to the parking lot. Their leader drove the most delightful pink Cadillac XLR you've ever seen, or probably never seen since GM recalled them all and re-painted them after the Mary Kay ladies drove them for a year or so. That XLR was a lovely light, pale pink, and the lady was wearing a pink suit, and it was all just this amazing feminine business riot that my wife though was absolutely wonderful.
    Terrifying thought.

Cambria is lovely.

I was at a hotel for I think a Corel World Conference. In the next suite they were having a sales meeting for Clinique. At break time all the attendees (women) can out of the room wearing cowboy hats and cap pistols. They were totally hyped up. Scary.