Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Candy label needs pizzaz for better effect

I manufacture hard candy and rarely do design work; however I'm giving it a shot with Adobe Illustrator. I've created a label using two colours but the design just kind of lays there with no real appeal. The hard candy that I make is clear, and crystal like, with lots of vibrant colour. The label that I've created does not reflect the product and I'm wondering what I can do to improve the label..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	label2.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	96575  
    IP

Default Re: Candy label needs pizzaz for better effect

With all due respect, hire a professional designer. That's what they do.

Unless you are a large company with a big marketing budget, your label is your advertising and point of sale. Same idea as wine labels. And this is why wineries work so hard to get a good label.
    IP

Default Re: Candy label needs pizzaz for better effect

Two things that strikes me when looking at your design I think you could work on. Firstly is the font used it excludes children who may not be able to read the font. Also who is your target client is it for adults only? I would make my lettering big and bold using 2 colours. Secondly if your hard candy is translucent then have a look at some AI tutorials for shiny round buttons used for web navigation that will give you a hand. If you toil drawing the cherries there are always stock vectors that you can use: http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-5975...na-cherry.html

I would agree with Gary why not try your local print shop who do designs they don't charge a lot. Your time must be important think how many sweets that you can make for the amount of money they charge compared to your time working at something you may have limited knowledge of.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP