Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing width of templates to fill background?

Hi, I am using WD6 and love to use the templates, however I cannot seem to easily change the width of the templates after trying all sorts of approaches. Regardless of the page size I choose initially, various templates then only fill a much smaller space so that when the website is uploaded the webpages are quite small within the background. I understand that I am not able to apply some form of 'stretch' to automatically fill the available background and browser space, which would be great (I think that is correct?), but if I can at least maximise the browser space being used, not just the 'background', that would at least be a big help. Amongst other things, I have tried setting the initial page size to the maximum given - xvga (955pix) - but then the selected template uses a much smaller area within the background. I guess I can manually 'stretch' the template pages, using the 'handles' but that seems quite cumbersome and I then have to repeat that process on every webpage, and I'm not sure if that's 'all good' anyway? Another approach seems to be manually selecting the whole (first) page and then changing sizes in the boxes on the tool bar, but once again that seems a little bit cumbersome, and/or non-intuitive? In the hope of a simple/simpler solution, can someone give me some pointers?
    Many thanks
    (ps: I thought that I overcame this issue some years earlier but my ageing brain may well have lost that solution?)

Default Re: Changing width of templates to fill background?

You probably need to unlock some layers.

Text areas need to be resized with the Text Tool. If you just select all and scale to fit the page size, then any text areas will not display the text properly in the browser.

This help at all?

Default Re: Changing width of templates to fill background?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You probably need to unlock some layers.

Text areas need to be resized with the Text Tool. If you just select all and scale to fit the page size, then any text areas will not display the text properly in the browser.

This help at all?
    Thank you for the input Gary, duly noted, although by itself, I don't think that gives me a total solution? I don't know whether later versions (eg WD9) may address this issue?