Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Sometime ago I thought I used PhotoPaint 8 or 9 to divide an image into sections. The program did it automatically and renamed the sections. It is making me crazy because I can't remember how I did this or find it again. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

It had to be corelDraw8, PP8 or 9, or Image Composer because those are the only programs I have.

I appreciate any answer to this stupid question.
    Carol Y.
    IP

Sometime ago I thought I used PhotoPaint 8 or 9 to divide an image into sections. The program did it automatically and renamed the sections. It is making me crazy because I can't remember how I did this or find it again. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

It had to be corelDraw8, PP8 or 9, or Image Composer because those are the only programs I have.

I appreciate any answer to this stupid question.
    Carol Y.
    IP

Dear Carol,

It happens when you open the work.

The open dialog box has a drop down menu that gives the option of loading a partial file, then you will come to a dialog box that has your image with a grid over it.

Here, you can set the number of sections. You open one section at a time and name it.

You must do this for every section and then save each with a different name.

For example, if you have 3x3 you can name it
    picA1/picA2/picA3
    picB1/picB2 etc.....

&nbsp &nbsp 1 2 3
    A
    B
    C

That's how it is in Corel7 anyway

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

PS Do I know you from another board?
    IP

Hi - this is exactly what I was looking for and I appreciate the time you took to answer. Thanks!

Carol
    From Erato.
    IP

Ah-ha Mom,
    I found another answer - I knew I wasn't crazy! Well...

In CP9 there is a script called imagecutter. This divides the image into sections and renames them. Very handy for making sections for movies. I just got CP10 and the imagecutter there doesn't seem to work the same way.

Is there anyway to have the CP9 script work in CP10?

Carol Y. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

I don't know, Carol. I only have 7 and before I had 4 (which I miss terribly). I'm going to look for this function in 7 though.

There's a whole thread about Corel 10 in here somewhere though. It's packed with good information.

See ya around sister artist poet,

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com
    IP