Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simple font question

On my main computer, I am using XP/XaraPro7. I have a font identified as "Brody". It reminds me of an old English script type of font. I transferred my grandson's project to my laptop using Win7/XaraProX and I don't have that font loaded. I searched the internet and found a free downloadable font named "Brody" but the sample text on the website doesn't look quite the same. So my question is: Are there multiple (different) fonts with the same name or is it just my old tired eyes?

Thanks,
    Bob

Default Re: Simple font question

Could be a different font. Where did you get Brody from that is on your computer?

Copy the font from the Windows font folder to your desktop and put it on your laptop.

Mike

Is it that simple? I did not know you could just copy/paste a font...I thought it had to be "installed" (whatever that may entail).

Thanks for the quick help. I'll give it a try.

Bob

(EDIT: Thanks Mike, it worked fine!)
    Last edited by BobMoyer; 23 May 2013 at 01:54 PM.

There are often cases where the same font or a very similar font, has a different name. A case in point is a font called Rolland that installs with Xara products. This is basically the same font as Rockwell, a commercial font, or a knock off.

Here's one for you -- what is the bold sans-serif font used below on the P&GD splash screen? (BTW, Xara's back to looking very professional, aren't they? Great artwork).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P&GD-splash.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	96272
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com