Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Font Lines (outline) No Longer Publishes w/ WD9P

Xara WD9P 64 bit, v 9.0.2.27772 DLx64 May 8, 2013
    Win7 64bit, 16GB RAM

PROBLEM - On my monitors outlined text looks fine - but when previewed or published, the outline (lines) disappears and only the fill color remains. Historically, this has never been an issue. Versions of this website published on December 28, 2012 correctly published filled text with their outlines. This no longer works.

The most recently published web version has a page w/ Arial Text color filled w/ black outline created last Fall. It continues to publish OK. Copying this text to the home (index) page shows it displays and previews correctly - until I modify the text (content, rotation, size, etc.) and then it too no longer previews or publishes the text's outline.

Lower left corner of Xara correctly shows the current line and fill colors as they have been selected.

The line style for the text is rounded - as suggested in the manual on page 180.

I have repeatedly proven this no longer works with numerous fonts - Used, Web Safe, Google, etc.

I can start with a new, blank "Untitled1" design and replicate this problem which rules out an existing web design.

WORKAROUND - has been to select the text, RMB, Create Bitmap Copy... select PNG and convert the text to a graphic. This works just fine as it is no longer text. Grouping the text on Mouse Off layer also works and is easier.

I have to believe this is a software bug in the x64 version and wonder if others can duplicate this behavior.

Looking forward to your testing and replies.

Default Re: Font Lines (outline) No Longer Publishes w/ WD9P

In the past, such text was probably converted to bitmap and so it looked as you designed it.

WD9 has more support for CS3 and HTML5 which adds some ability to display editable text with various fills, drop shadows, etc. But as far as I know, outlined text is not supported. So the outline is stripped away when you publish.

I do not think this is a bug, I think this is the way the software is designed to work.

Your work around is the correct way to have text with an outline.

Default Re: Font Lines (outline) No Longer Publishes w/ WD9P

Line widths have always been stripped from the text being exported (have just tested all versions back to v6). If you want to export the text with the line width then you need to export it as a graphic, so group it (to itself) and then export.