Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Just Released: Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    Yes, it will have all the new features of Photo & Graphic Designer 9 (and Web Designer 9 Premium).
    But will it have any new features of its own???

Oops. See that it has been answered. Some how missed it...

I would be very surprised if there were no new features unique to Designer Pro 9, or I think it is going to be X9.

Some good improvements but I notice that, as with Photo & Graphic Designer 2013, the new version still doesn't support the processing power of multi-core processors.

Advanced features are available in the Pro version only..

To Kate Moir:

Downloaded it, tested it, bought it. Congratulations to all of you for the further development of this fine, fine program.
    And my sincere thanks, as a retired person on a budget, for lowering the price. In an age of marketing hype, P&GD 9 is a true bargain.

Jonathon Donahue
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Darn I forgot to do a custom install. I noticed that it installed simpicheck as well without asking. I eradicated it. It also put an icon on my desktop without asking, a pet peeve of mine.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Thanks Grace! Just got rid of mine also. Looked it up on Xara Support --
    Simplicheck is a small, intelligent system tool that checks your computer for optimal performance. If it finds problems then it will inform you and direct you to the correct version of Simplitec software to purchase for your system.
    You can remove it through the Control Panel and it will not affect anything else.
    So, well-meaning or not, it's still crapware, installed without notice.

These things are like stupid junk mail. They actually think I'll BUY a program that was installed on my PC without my knowledge or consent? Come on!
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

For anyone else who is installing the trial, Do the custom install. You can leave everything set at defaults as you go through the install and you will get a page that will allow you to opt out of Simplicheck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by jon404 View Post
    ... installed without notice.

These things are like stupid junk mail. They actually think I'll BUY a program that was installed on my PC without my knowledge or consent? Come on!
    On the installation step with the options of Standard and Custom, the text next to Standard Installation tells you that this will be installed. As Angelize says, choose Custom to opt out of installing it.

Just caught up with the 5/21 announcement and the comments above. I've got Pro X -- and have already downloaded the eval of WD9, and now see P&GD9... really would love the v9 of Pro! Of course I'd like to see you guys get it as solid as you can and iron out bugs before release -- but I'm really looking forward to the upcoming release. I've got a great new project that would be perfect for it. Would love to be able to use the full product, rather than piecemeal it with evals of WD9 and P&GD9. Fingers crossed for an imminent release of a fantastic product!