Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Copy hexa values of a shade

Hi, could you please advise how to copy the hexa values of a shade of a colour?

According to the attached picture in Colour editor that field is grey so does not seem selectable, but in the meantime quite often would like to copy that hexa value from one document to a second if needed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shade.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	96320

At Named colors it is always active field so easily can mark and copy with the mouse, but not if that color is a shade of a Parent. Or I am missing some evident easy way

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Copy hexa values of a shade

I'm not sure why you can't copy the hex value of a shade. I have found no way to copy the hex value, but as long as you have "delete unused colours and styles" on the viewtab of the options panel disabled (the check mark should be cleared) then you can copy and paste an object containing the shade and both the shade and it's parent colour will appear on your colourline in the new document. The transfer object can be deleted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

is greyed out because its a shade of another colour and so manual adjustments to it are calibrated by the shade percentages at the bottom and not by the hex
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

...quite often would like to copy that hexa value from one document to a second if needed
    Just copy & paste an object with that value into the new document & then delete. The colours Parent & Shade remain on the colour line.
    Otherwise open a second document and use the colour picker to select the required colour, it just becomes a Local fill colour.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

All that said, there is nothing keeping you from creating a new shape and entering the grayed out Hex value.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	that-said.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	96329  

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    is greyed out because its a shade of another colour and so manual adjustments to it are calibrated by the shade percentages at the bottom and not by the hex
    Yes finally it is logical to be greyed out, just accustomed to select text values from the screen and copy past that.

Thanks for the tips, so will use rather copy & paste an object with that color and after deleting the object.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've been experimenting further with this and if you copy your source object with your shade to the clipboard you can create a new object in a new document and paste attributes to give it the shade that you copied. your shade and it's parent colour still show up on the colourline but it eliminates the step of deleting the transfer object.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Here's another and perhaps the quickest method for Zsolt?

Frances yes that is good idea to copy the object and in the another document CTRL - SHIFT - A and paste attributes, basically that is also a way copy the named colors from one document to a second one.

Steve thanks that method is perfect for me, that suits absolutely for those who has the mark text and CTRL - C reflex like me Thanks just again

Plus, for named colors, you can simply drag the name of the color from one document to another in the Color Gallery.