Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Background image problem

Hello guys,

I have a little "problem" regarding background image and hopefully someone can help me out - I created my desired background image (1px x 1201px) and put it in the bitmap gallery ... everything fine!

As the content of my website won't have the same length, I need different background images ... so I spread out the lower white part to create more room and loaded this background image (1px x 1314px) into my second page!

This also worked ... well not really: in the browser preview everything looks fine - but in the XARA window I always get the first background image to show (see screenshot) although I changed the site length to 1314px!

As I said, in the browser preview everything looks fine ... but in Xara it should look like the second screenshot not the first one - any advice (I hope you understand what my problem is?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	96229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen3.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	96230  

Default Re: Background image problem

Dave, only a thought in that Xara is accepting the stretched line into your second page with the same filename (yes/no?) so it assumes the first one's dimensions are the real ones.

Perhaps if you have a different name for each line length, it will sort things.

Acorn

Default Re: Background image problem

I guess I figured out the problem ... I started a new file and created blank pages (without a background image) first!

Then I applied the different background images (with their respective length) to each (blank) page and everything seems fine!

Looks like Xara always uses the first background image applied as a kind of "reference" for further pages