Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website design cost/worth estimate

For a dozen or so years I have managed the website for the Elmer Iseler Singers in Toronto, created in FrontPage. With the arrival of Xara Web Designer 9, I decided to volunteer to redesign the site using that software. I will not be compensated for the redesign of this 43-page website, but I would like to get some idea of the worth of the site, as judged by an unbiased but knowledgeable observer. You will find the new site at www.elmeriselersingers.com.

I would appreciate receiving your comments on the site design and your estimate of its worth, in dollars.

Many thanks.

Peter Hobbs
    Verity Graphics, Toronto, ON, Canada
    Last edited by angelize; 20 May 2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: removed e-mail address

Default Re: Website design cost/worth estimate

Peter, Just based on the amount of pages we would charge approx. $5300. This would be based on designing the pages and entering all the content. Typically we would do a site like that in wordpress and the client would enter the content and the price for that would be around $1500.

For a designer to create and add content to 40+ pages is not typical these days, we would only do that if the client absolutely demanded it. On the site different pages link to different domain names, that is weird to say the least.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello Peter, Welcome!

First I removed your e-mail address as it's not a good idea to post your e-mail address publicly or else the spammers will flood your inbox

The site is very nicely done. I like the warm colours. I would have to agree with Skech on pricing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I think that if the site had been done by a commercial design company it would be very different, so I don't think you can establish a commercial value on the current site.