Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Default Re: Design a Logo for XaRT

If you like when I get home I will put together vector version.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Larry: psssst. I attached one in post #130 .

Took me about 12 minutes to do, based on Mind's Eye, my work, your work, and some scraps we have up on this thread.

Done.

Work on some card tricks!

-g
    IP

Thanks Gare
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

You're welcome, Grace and I have a suggestion for all, to help finish the look of the UI and all that:

Keep background elements neutral in color. If you insist on a gradient, make the subtle transition from 65% warm grey to 25% warm grey, or add a slight tint of hue to it.

Remember that the control are the "stars of the composition. In order of visual importance, it's the logo (what the program is), the controls, and then the "chrome", the padding, the background.

Larry offered a lot of compelling, attractive, and distinctive color schemes. Dont' go with empirical color opposites the way some of us were taught in school. Use a primary color as part of your building process, then a complementary color (not an opposite, but one that supports the primary color), and then an accent color to call out something visually.

Here's a riff on some of Larry's schemes. Now, the colors might not strike you as perfect "companions" and some can be lighter and less saturated, but look at the "chemistry" between the groups of colors. Use this for inspiration as far as the entire UI goes. You only need 3 colors out of these swatch samples, I believe, and they've been calculated by a friend and programmer, Sivam Krish, not necessarily to make "wallpaper"—bland pastels of the same hue, but rather to inspire and provoke the audience at first glance. They don't clash—they just have a profound relationship the more you look at any combination within the group.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	color riffs.jpg 
Views:	1825 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	99073

I haven't given this 100% of the time or consideration it deserves, but everyone, please bear in mind that colors and color combinations speak to your audience in any way you've arranged them. Color is a language: decide what it is you want to say!

My Best,

Gary
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by achat View Post
    Yes, I agree, the blue is too dark and yes- changing colours is easy.
    Friend, after only three posts, you chose a truly nonsensical thread in which to contributer.

The XaRT interface hasn't been discussed here for four years.

Read before you post, eh?

-g
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Friend, after only three posts, you chose a truly nonsensical thread in which to contributer.

The XaRT interface hasn't been discussed here for four years.

Read before you post, eh?

-g
    I have a feeling you and me agree on my off topic post...and your previous one about color language...I think you and me both could go on a tour pointing out 'commercial art' that fails to understand one lick of fundamentals...*sigh* Best wishes.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com
    IP