Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Design a Logo for XaRT

Folks, the project is just getting started and the team is just getting organized, sorting out who has what skills, what needs to be done, how to divvy up tasks, etc. Aside from that, several different time zones are represented by those participating, which makes collaboration interesting.

I think that these are all good ideas and questions, and would encourage everyone interested to keep coming up with suggestions, but also be patient. Things will likely move slowly, at least for a while.

A standard Windows program, is generally the boring text boxes, check boxes, tabs, menus, dialog boxes, etc that you're used to seeing on most typical Windows apps. When I look at Barbara's design, I jump to, "Wow, that's pretty cool! How would I implement that?" Truthfully, I don't know how many of us have designed a "Kai's Power Tools" style interface, but I know I have not. There's a lot of detail to work through.

For my part, I've never actively participated in an open source project, so I can't say how this will go. I hope it's successful because I think it's a good idea. The main thing is to have fun in the process.
    Last edited by StevenWWinters; 19 May 2013 at 04:45 PM.
    IP