Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile Websites -Technical side

Moved Question to its own thread, hopefully.

Default Re: Mobile Websites -Technical side

It's not much use having a new thread but forgetting to have any question in it.

If I remember correctly you wondered how to accommodate mobile sites using Xara.

The favoured practice seems to be to create a mobile-specific site, on it's own, perhaps saved to a subdirectory of the main site on your server. Then a bit of sniffer code redirects users of the main site to the mobile version.

Typing the word 'mobile' into the TG search box will yield some good links.

This was the question that was supposed to show up here: I need to design a mobile site for a customer that already has a website. How do I go about that? Is there a special coding, do I name the site something different from the original desktop site? I already know about the design aspect. I would like to know about the technical side. Can someone assist, please?

Thank you,
    Lisa (Liann)

Lisa, I think you've already had assistance - check out the existing threads as I suggested and also Gary's suggestion.

The basics are as I said and more detailed info is already in some of those threads.

There's nothing particularly special about mobile.

Gary or someone else may be kind and hunt out specific threads for you, but you can find them in five minutes via the search function.