Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer deletes my index_htm_files folder

Does anyone know what Web Designer would delete my index_htm_files folder during publishing?? It was working perfectly fine until I did the most recent upgrade, and I have not changed any program settings, settings in my publishing area, etc. The program uploads all of the files, including the index_htm_files and all its contents, and then at the end of the publishing, it says is "deleting index_htm_files"! And sure enough, if you view my page, it is text only because the program deleted the folder/files it just uploaded.

The only way I have been able to restore my site is to go into my webroot folder via ftp client, manually create the folder again and upload all the contents to it. If I try publishing once again through Web Designer, it happens all over again. And it doesn't matter if I choose to publish all files or only changed files.

Anyone have any advice as to what's happening here and how to fix it??

Thanks in advance for any help...

Russ

Default Re: Web Designer deletes my index_htm_files folder

Could you try re-publishing your website and see whether it still occurs?

Russ, have you renamed the index file (your first page) filename from being called "index".
    If you renamed it "fred", Xara, creates a folder, fred_htm_files.

You might then get text only because your browser has cached all your images in the defunct index_htm_files folder. Press Ctrl-F5 to refresh the page and clear the cache.

Acorn

I actually tried republishing my site multiple times now, (both using the replace all setting and replace only new setting) and get the same result no matter what. It uploads everything, including my index_htm_files folder and all its contents, and then at the very end it deletes the entire folder. Each time, I have had to manually replace my folder online via FTP client.

No, that was the first thing that I checked. I was 99.99% sure I didn't change the name of my index page, but I looked anyway to play is safe.

When I go into my webroot folder via FTP, I can verify that my entire index_htm_files folder is missing. (And that it has not been replaced by another _htm_files folder of a different name.

I don't get why the program would delete my entire graphics sub-folder, when it should obviously know that all of the graphics on my pages are linked to that folder.

Russ, create a new .web file, copy one page, other than index, from your current to this and publish.
    You should get another.htm and an another_htm_files folder.
    If so, copy over index as you first page and republish.
    You should get index.htm, another.htm and index_htm_files folder.

If these both happen I would sequentially copy over all you pages, checking if and where it fails.

If you still have your older version of Xara, try with that as well.

Acorn