Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: May 2013 Tips and Tricks: Making a Striking Coffee Table Book Cover

I think I left these Pizza pieces to long in the oven but I like my pizza crunchy I'm not very good at logos but I have learned a few things from Mays tips and tricks and I certainly have had fun doing them

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	96441  

+10

Sounds good to me too Gare.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Just had to make the pizza with more crunchy edges after seeing the FF tile from Francis! nearly turned me off medium rare steak for life Only joking Francis

Stygg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crunchy Pizza.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	96505  

@Frances, we are all lovingly kidding you about the fractal that looks like an anatomical illustration of the lower intestine.

<see kidding emoticons.

@stygg—whether it's the Perlin algorithm, or Mandelbrot, or Julia (Julia is the guy's last name, by the way), procedural textures and modified fractals can look beautiful or disgusting. Alien Skin no longer holds the copyright to "TextureShop", a program the Virtus Group bought from them in 1995 or so. And sadly, it's gone away, and was a Mac-only app.

But back when Barb and I had a running Mac 8500PPC, we used to render batches of random textures. And without fail, they looked like:

•eggs
    •armor
    • intestines
    • breasts
    or
    • dragon skin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	textureshop.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	96506

Tell me I'm lying.

Point is that Filter Forge gives you more control over building a texture than most programs out there you might find.

-g

No your not lying Gary, they are like you described And I'm sure Francis knows we are all kidding about the intestine

Stygg.

Just wanted to let you know that Gary is going to be a bit slow answering posts here for the next week or so. He is recovering from 7 kidney stones!!
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Please wish Gary well for me, and I'm sure from all at TG.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Best wishes to Gary!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Please wish Gary well for me Barbara.

Stygg.