Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: May 2013 Tips and Tricks: Making a Striking Coffee Table Book Cover

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Here is an example of using the gold foil effect on something other than a book.
    That's really cool Francis, did you use the same technique as for the Cotton Band logo?

Stygg

Just finished my extra logo for the Cotton Band but I think I messed up some where on the text for Golden, not sure where or how but it doesn't look right.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	88.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	96222  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

That looks good to me Stygg

Yes I used the same gold foil technique for the cup with two differences I left out the bevel layer as I wanted the foil to appear brushed on the cup rather than stamped into the surface, and I used the embossing filter on the gold foil to make it appear a bit shinier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks for that Francis, would not have thought to use Emboss to make it shinier, all good tips.

Stygg

Small informational point here:

You can fill a logo with a texture that's in the document, and you can also use ClipView if the texture you want to apply to the logo is large enough (without the need to tile).

-g

Tried another texture fill as you said in your last post Gary for the Cotton Dan
    logo and seeing they were from the 70's, gave it that 70's look, or have tried to

Stygg.

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	96231  

I think it looks better with out the Fractal trans. as in #16, looks a bit more zingy mad colours of the 70's

Stygg

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	202.6 KB 
ID:	96232  

It's an interesting version, Stygg.

But Cotton Dan is a country/western group, and your new texture looks a little psychedelic.

I was thinking natural surfaces such as wood, or snakeskin might be more appropriate, but what you did is very artistic!

My Best,

Gary

Thanks for the tutorial, really the figure 20 did a great difference, however with converting the bevels to editable shapes, later realized that I lost the chance to change the bevel light angle at figure 10 Because somehow was not able to see that small line with arrowhead at that step, so just around set it rather on the infobar and thought that will modify it later

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_Cotton_Dan_Band.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	96273

Several other things are also learnt, tried to accustom using shortcuts too, so like Ctrl - Alt - I import and Ctrl - Shift + C bitmap copy. Ah and for me the Filter Forge plugin was not in Xara Live Effects list immediately, I had to add manually through Options/Effects&Plugins/Setup the folder C:\Program Files(x86)\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\Filters\

One with snake skin

Stygg

Name:	14.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	96278