Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: upgrade wd6?

Default upgrade wd6?

Hi, l am back after a few years absence and also have relocated back to Australia! Can someone please let me know if there are any special offers currently available to upgrade WD6 (and/or Extreme 5) version please, or have I missed out? One webpage I just saw on Xara.com mentioned that I COULD upgrade WD6 but then when I checked the offers, only WD7 and later versions were mentioned. I own various Xara products but now I just want to use a program to set up a fairly simple non-commercial website for my local church but my products are probably now a bit too 'dated' (like me!). I can't afford or justify spending too much more money, especially as I have hardly used any of my current products.. Thanks in anticipation..

Default Re: upgrade wd6?

There is nothing stopping you from designing a great website using wd6, you do not have to upgrade. Many of the new features since are nice but non of them are essential to creating a great site. Many of my sites are wd6 and clients have appreciated them all.

Now if you really must update for the sake of it or you really need a specific feature of the new wd then you would have to purchase at full price, the xara site seems clearly states wd7 as a minimum to upgrade to v9.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Thanks for the info and reassurance. After another look, I think I mis-interpreted Xara.com where it states under offers & upgrades .... "and earlier"? But not to worry, and I do also own a copy of Photo & Graphic Designer 6 which I notice is still upgradable, if I really wanted some extra bells & whistles!.. I'll try to remember my WD6 designing..

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You can download a trial and see if purchasing Web designer 9 or Designer 9 premium is worth it to you. As for Xtreme 5 or Xtreme 5pro These products are now called Photo and Graphics Designer and Designer Pro respectively and I would recommend waiting if you are thinking on upgrading these as going by previous years release dates the new versions of these products may be out soon.

As far as pricing goes I think it's the same situation as the Web Designer products.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Frances for the info and suggestions, I actually just read about the trials, maybe give it a go after I finish my current project... Cheers