Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thumbs up Re: List in a vertical scrolling box

Hi James

I'm pleased to say that following your latest advice, I've been able to create the scroll box on my new site exactly as I'd like them. The 'icing on the cake' for me was being able to add the <style type="text/css"> HTML (see attached). A really big thanks from me at this end - my hair has even started to grow back

Cheers

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mp3s.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	96215  

Default Re: List in a vertical scrolling box

Hi Steve, I am very glad to be able to help

I used the iframe method but it does not work when using an Ipad. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by singera831; 23 May 2013 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by singera831 View Post
    I used the iframe method and my question is how to anchor. On my main page I have topics I want to anchor to the long amount of text that is now in the scrolling box. However when I click on the link it opens my long text on the page where I created the text. (panel-1) not on the main page. Is there a way to anchor with in the scrolling box?
    Hi Singera831, In your Iframe code add name="MyIFrame" , then in the Link dialog type MyIFrame in Open Link
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	96245
    Last edited by jamesd; 23 May 2013 at 08:06 PM. Reason: typo

Can you show me an example of the full code. Thank you. I changed my original post because I found a more complicated way to do it but do you know how to make it work with ipads etc.

I don't have an Ipad in my possession but it still should work the same. Your Iframe code should look something like
    HTML Code:
    <iframe name="MyIFrame" src="page.htm"  frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" width="500px"  height="500px" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

jamesd, Thank you, the links works great. On the ipad there is no scroll bar. There is just the one long amount of text and when it exceeds the page length it disappears.

jamesd, Thank you, the links works great. On the ipad there is no scroll bar. There is just the one long amount of text and when it exceeds the page length it disappears.
    Reading up on it and it seems Iframes on Ipads don't work to well(or not at all). You could try a scrollable text box or using Javascript which Neodelito posted here http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ht=#post473622

can you explain how to insert or use xarascroll. Never have used a script before.

can you explain how to insert or use xarascroll. Never have used a script before.
    Neodelito should be better able to explain his script if you would like to post your question in his thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ht=#post473622