Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: eps export

I am trying to export some ads to eps with corel 12 and then open them up in Illustrator but when I open them in illustrator the text has been changed to outlines even though I selected to keep text as text.

Any suggestions?
    Christian - Oregon, USA
    IP

I am trying to export some ads to eps with corel 12 and then open them up in Illustrator but when I open them in illustrator the text has been changed to outlines even though I selected to keep text as text.

Any suggestions?
    Christian - Oregon, USA
    IP

Adobe Illustrator native format is a better universal format for transporting between the two applications, export to Illustrator as 7.0, and export to Corel DRAW works in like manner as an .ai file.

There are drawbacks, there are certain effects which are lost. PDF and EPS tend to break up the type or to bring it in as outlines no matter what you have done. Convenient for Service Bureaus which aren't there to edit but to print the file.

PDF has really overtaken EPS in its acceptiblity, when opening EPS in DRAW or a PDF, it can destablize DRAW. Usually it isn't too bad. If you import EPS into DRAW it becomes a rastered file.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP