Quote Originally Posted by chasventre View Post
I think the logo should be somewhat bold, since we are talking about registry tool. Looking at some of the submissions using the horse as strong and bold, I complimented the horse idea with bold text message.
Hi chasventre, welcome to TalkGraphics, and thanks for your thoughtful submission.

It would be good if you went back to post #12 and read through some of the criteria for a good logo. You have good ideas: strong, yes, a tool that can edit the Registry without blowing up your computer is indeed a potent tool.

But I'd ask you to take a look at some of the recent submissions, forget about the horse, and just think about how to graphically convey the name, or the tool's purpose, or both, with an economy of shapes. Look at the Apple logo, for example. It's pretty darned striking but beautifully simple and part of the beauty is its simplicity.

We'll need something that works well in one color and different sizes.

I'd love to see a post here that describes what they'd like to do in words, in text, no drawing.

How would that be for a challenge? If you can describe an idea with words, how much harder is it then to draw it?

I'm just suggesting an exercise here that will force you to think about the concept of the logo before drawing it.

My Best,

Gary