Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo Slider Widget help please...

Hi All,

I'm wondering if you are able to help please... I'm trying to modify the 'fade effect slide show' widget in WD MX Premium. I'm principally trying to do/adjust two things...
    1 - slow down the rate at which the slides change. At present it seams every two seconds and when I try to change it to 5 seconds, save, and then preview, it still insists on changing every 2 seconds
    2 - at a simple white box with text into the slide show. But, right now, it still only shows the picture, not the graphic with simple text

Is it possible do change/adjust slide show widgets as above? If so, any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Default Re: Photo Slider Widget help please...

1. It's problably best to send your xar file to Xara support to have a look at http://support.xara.com

2. With these widgets you can only replace the objects that are already in the widgets. You can't add a text object if one doesn't already exist.

Here is a kludge.

Add your text block and other items onto the required widget page. Group together, ensuring they collectively scale to the width and height of the current image you are placing. If not scaled you get a stretching to fit the area.
    Then give the group the following Names: autoreplace & WTag:scaled:image that are in the dropdown in the Apply name: box.

I will look into the delay change you need.

Acorn

I am sure there are easier solutions, but...

Locally export your Site.
    Find in your <first page name>_htm_files folder, the file, cycleFade_v8_config.js.

At the bottom, include the following, timeout: 5000,, like this

$('#' + divID + 'OuterDiv').cycle({
    timeout: 5000,
    fx: 'fade', // choose your transition type, ex: fade, scrollUp, shuffle, etc...
    pager: '#'+divID+'cycleFade_nav'

});

The 5000 value is milliSeconds so you can adjust this as you desire.

You then upload the changed file to replace the published one using FileZilla.
    I have tried to make this occur within Xara but with no current success.

Acorn

thanks for this...