As I'm trying to learn more of my new programs, I finally came across a tutorial that covered the Live Effects. However, after I've open and created an object (star)(that's another story), I go to the Live Effects button (per the tutorial) but nothing opens. Left click, right click, nothing brings anything up.

Also, in the tutorial it started by drawing the star object...click the icon draw a star, and I get a 6-sided filled object. No star to be found. The oval and rectangular objects draw fine. But no star obect.

I'm at the point where I don't know what should or shouldn't be somewhere or if something is or isn't working. I understand that the Live Effects can be pointed to an external folder where 3rd-party plugins should go, but I was also getting the feeling that something came with the program install (per the tutorial). I've gotten used to things not working in these Xara and Magix programs I purchased, so unlike my first couple of posts, the anger and frustration are being left out.

Has anyone experienced similar problems with their Xara PDG 2013?

David