Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: Adobe commits suicide

Pretentious one-track decision, I hope it will give them a good kick in the shins and create opportunity for other innovations to prosper.

I will certainly not buy on those terms.

I use their product and while they work, they're crystallized with 80's clunky interface decisions.
    A rigid design built up in spirals of complexity.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    AS Gary rightly says they are going with the flow,

if you look at the revenue streams it makes all the sense in the world... it means adobe can drip feed out improvements whenever they are ready, everyone gets them 'for free', there is no big gamble on spending pots of money upfront on a new version release, that may or may not take ages to recoup the outlay....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Im currently an art student and it is definitely worth it on a student budget to have the entire CS suite at an affordable price. Though autodesk all their products are free if youre a student.
    Rian

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I don't see it as suicide or a big opportunity for XDP. XDP is not an equivalent to the Creative Cloud.
    The Creative Puff of Smoke?

Who knows what kind of creative puffing goes on at Adobe HQ.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I think it needs to be pointed out here that Xara as much as we all love the software is lacking some fundamental features that it would need to even think about becoming a viable replacement for the Creative Suite. It can't touch Illy for things like brushes and support for a true graycale mode and for DTP features it would need things like table of contents creation, booklet and e-pub creation and true master pages just to name a few before it could even come close to InDesign.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Frances!!!!!!!!

Btw jon494 that is the funniest post title I have seen in ages!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm not saying that Xara isn't great, and I would dearly love to see more professionals use it, I use it daily for 99% of my work but to push it as replacement for the Creative suite to Pros used to working with CS and having these features just wouldn't work.

Just search Dear Xara and see how many threads you can find asking for brushes that stretch along a path or skeletal strokes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I update work once in a while that I did beginning in 1990 on an xp computer I keep for that purpose. the CC adobe is pushing means that would be difficult unless I throw money at them for the right to use CC7 down the road. and their policy could change in the future regarding installing past versions--it has changed in the past two days (for the better), and could do so for the negative at anytime.

nah, the cloud is a rip-off anyway it is sliced or diced.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I update work once in a while that I did beginning in 1990 on an xp computer I keep for that purpose. the CC adobe is pushing means that would be difficult unless I throw money at them for the right to use CC7 down the road. and their policy could change in the future regarding installing past versions--it has changed in the past two days (for the better), and could do so for the negative at anytime.

nah, the cloud is a rip-off anyway it is sliced or diced.
    Especially for companies like ours, deep in the countryside. Our Internet is very slow. Sometimes snail mail is quicker than a download. Almost. We had satellite broadband put in, but we are at the mercy of the weather.