Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

May Xara Tutorial Creating a glass Web site interface and as an added bonus, making glass rollover buttons that light up.

May Featured Artist Gallery featuring the buggy images of Jonna Woodard who knows all about bugs, she used to work at Corel [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] (ouch!)

Guest Tutorial #3 More bugs! Is it a photo, or photo-realism? Big Frank answers the question for once and for all.

Gary's Glass Beads Brush Set Beads with no sweat. Cool free glass bead brushes that you can use in Xara X.

Any comments?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	may01_xone_promo.jpg 
Views:	692 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	19246  

May Xara Tutorial Creating a glass Web site interface and as an added bonus, making glass rollover buttons that light up.

May Featured Artist Gallery featuring the buggy images of Jonna Woodard who knows all about bugs, she used to work at Corel [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] (ouch!)

Guest Tutorial #3 More bugs! Is it a photo, or photo-realism? Big Frank answers the question for once and for all.

Gary's Glass Beads Brush Set Beads with no sweat. Cool free glass bead brushes that you can use in Xara X.

Any comments?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Gary - Thanks for all your hard work! Where did you find Jonna? Does Jonna participate here under another name? All those bugs are beautiful. Maybe we need to have that kind of bug thread here.

Big Frank looks to have done a fantastic job on his guest tutorial. I look forward to reading it and your glass interface tutorial.

Thanks, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Love those bugs! Joana makes it look so easy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

As for the VW - 20hrs to do - thats after how many hours of practicing on smaller items!

It's late (UK wise) so I'll check out your tut tomorrow - had a quick look, but like a fine wine it deserves to be appreciated at a more oppertune moment - at least this month I don't have to convert it to CD7 - managed to steel a few extra free days on the 30days, as my machine crashed and I had to rebuild C:

Turan

Maybe you will do another neon tut someday. Got me to playing with the shirt design I'm currently working on. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Name:	SmallNeonREx.gif 
Views:	493 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	11084  

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> As for the VW - 20hrs to do - thats after how many hours of practicing on smaller items!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turan

Your comment reminded me of a photo shoot I art directed back when Nissan was called Datsun ( a long time ago).

We were doing a still photograph on a sound stage in Los Angeles. In one of the adjoining sound stages, another crew was shooting a TV commercial. The crew lighting for the TV commercial had used every light they could find, and the cars were lighted from every angle. Not a shadow to be found anywhere.

On our set, the photographer, one of the professionals who shoot only automobiles, had used but two lights and a big reflector overhead. The car looked like a piece of glass or like a jewel. It was breathtaking.

Some of the crew from the TV shoot were on a break and popped in for a look.

"Wow!", one of them said when seeing the elegant and stunning lighting on the car, "How long did it take you to do the lighting?"

The photographer remarked offhandedly, "Oh, about two hours", and under his breath he said "and about 20 years!"

Kudos to Big Frank and Jonna for making it look so easy :-)

Gary

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

Gary, I used your color defs for the conical fill of the contour on page 2 and this is what I get. Did I miss something??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Name:	ConicalColor.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	17964  

Ric (and anybody else experiencing this shifiting color phenonenon)

Refer to the thread from BCDeb > Help Gary or Help, Gary or Gary Needs Help or ksjpo osieml snkipois Gary or... BCDeb's thread

I screwed up. Colors three and four are wrong.

I have updated the tutorial and the Zip file with the correct colors.

My apologies.

Gary [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

I'm posting to pop it back to the top.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...