Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Web Site Mess

Default Web Site Mess

Hi experts,

I've had this problem twice. The problem is that the exported website HTML is a mess. Both times when working on my shopping cart page (purchase.htm) a new page copy has appeared without my intervention. The new copy is correct and the original page became an old version. I didn't want to have to redo it completely so I saved the copied page, got rid of the original old page then renamed the new page from Purchase -copy.htm back to Purchase.htm. This seems to have somehow broken the navigation bar links leaving the whole site hosted on blue host and on the Internet a mess. It works fine in the Xara built-in preview browser. My web site is "http://JonDavids-ArtisticVisions.com." The website is incomplete but functioning. How can a page copy be made if I didn't do it? Can anyone help?

I want to attach my exported web site files for you to examine but it seems that only files can be attached, not folders and there are a lot of files, too many to send.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Default Re: Web Site Mess

All I can say John, is that your site looks fine to me - I don't see the mess.

I have a feeling you're only seeing the mess because of your browser cache caching the images and content from the site as you've been fiddling around.

If it's still a mess try hitting ctrl+F5 on the page.

Paul

Hi, John:

Nice looking website! We happen to be working on a film script at the moment (my other "day job" is as a professional writer), and the movie happens to be about art. Cool stuff you do!

As far as the site goes, I'm not seeing the mess either. The only comment I'd have without looking deeper, really, is that the "Galleries" image at the top is interfering slightly with a couple of your navigation mouseovers.

Best,
    RDS
    Diamond Pacific Media Group

HI Pauland,

I haven't uploaded the new HTMLfiles to my Host yet. I'm attaching what the files look like while offline in my browser (Firefox) or the Xara, built in preview browser.

Here are some images of my Home Page (index.htm) and my Shopping Cart (purchase.htm).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shopping Cart (purchase.htm).jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	95963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Home (index.htm).jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	95964  

Well, we can only guess, John. Only you know what you've been doing on your computer.

You seem to be contradicting what you said here: This seems to have somehow broken the navigation bar links leaving the whole site hosted on blue host and on the Internet a mess.

If Xara preview shows the pages OK, then I'd be surprised if the HTML produced didn't match properly.

I'd try and export to a clean directory. I'm sure brighter minds than mine will jump in with some suggestions.