I have a large FrontPage site at www.elmeriselersingers.com. Almost all of its pages use the .html extension. Pages on the replacement site I have created with Xara Web Designer 9 Premium (temporarily available at www.vgtoronto.com/eis-test) all have .htm extensions. When I upload the new Xara-created site to www.elmeriselersingers.com I don't want to confuse search engines, and readers who have bookmarked pages on the old site, by creating lots of 404 errors. I have been told by my Apache-server webhost that I will need to create separate "IFrame Redirects" for all individual pages. I haven't a clue as to how to do this.

I have been able to match the page names on the two sites in over 90% of the cases, but I will still need some redirection even if the .htm vs. .html problem is solved.

Alternately, perhaps I could output my Xara files prior to publishing, rename them to.html files, and then post the site. Would that work or would it destroy all the links? Or is there a way to cause Xara to save its files with .html extensions?

Can anyone offer me suggestions as to what to do?

Peter Hobbs