Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool Pop Up Text Panels

OK I posted a request for sliders and got no replies so I thought of a new way to handle the problem, maybe I can find help on this.
    I would like to make a text list of businesses and a category list of buttons.
    Very much like what is in the new "Coffee Shop" Products page..(see here) on the WEBPACK 2 collection
    I would like it to be exactly like this with each panel invisible till category is selected.
    any tutorials on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Martin

Default Re: Pop Up Text Panels

A number of templates that are included in Web Designer include this feature, have a look through the Designs Gallery > Website Theme Templates.

If you want to create this yourself from scratch then create a new layer (we'll call pop-up1) and draw a rectangle to match the background its covering, this is because you want to hide the content that it appears on top of, else the text etc will be hard the read.
    Then add the content to that layer you want.
    Hide the pop-up layer in the Page & Layer Gallery
    Select the object/text that you want to click on to show this layer and go to Utilities > Web Proeprties > Link tab and from the 'Show pop-up layer' menu select the pop-up layer you've created.

Repeat the above for each pop-up layer you want to create

And don't forget that you can have these pop-ups slide in as well.

Thanks a million..both of you, perfect.