Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How redirect html files on old site to replacement Xara site with its htm extensions?

I have a large FrontPage site at www.elmeriselersingers.com. Almost all of its pages use the .html extension. Pages on the replacement site I have created with Xara Web Designer 9 Premium (temporarily available at www.vgtoronto.com/eis-test) all have .htm extensions. When I upload the new Xara-created site to www.elmeriselersingers.com I don't want to confuse search engines, and readers who have bookmarked pages on the old site, by creating lots of 404 errors. I have been told by my Apache-server webhost that I will need to create separate "IFrame Redirects" for all individual pages. I haven't a clue as to how to do this.

I have been able to match the page names on the two sites in over 90% of the cases, but I will still need some redirection even if the .htm vs. .html problem is solved.

Alternately, perhaps I could output my Xara files prior to publishing, rename them to.html files, and then post the site. Would that work or would it destroy all the links? Or is there a way to cause Xara to save its files with .html extensions?

Can anyone offer me suggestions as to what to do?

Peter Hobbs

Default Re: How redirect html files on old site to replacement Xara site with its htm extensi

Open Web properties > Page and whre it says Page filename, change index to index.html.
    Xara then changes all your other pages to an html extension.

Acorn

P.S. Not tested, only repeating earlier Posts from other august bodies. It should also be in Xara Help.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ght=index.html

Default Re: How redirect html files on old site to replacement Xara site with its htm extensi

As an alternative to Acorns suggestion you could also use an .htaccess to redirect all links from the old site to the new index file.
    LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host