Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Forms not working in WebDesigner MX9 -spacebar use causes instant webpage change

I have tried both third party web form code that has always worked in the past, and then tried the "Jot Form" widget from the new WebDesigner MX9 Premium. Same problem each time: As soon as the space bar is used, an instant jump to the next webpage occurs, making it impossible to complete the form.

Anyone else notice this yet? Web forms are a necessary part of many websites, especially store oriented ones like mine.

Would love a solution. My work-around is to use the 'embed a website' widget and refer to another of my site pages where it is working.

WD 7 and MX 8 are both fine with this, just the new MX 9 that has the issue.

Thanks,
    Paul

Default Re: Forms not working in WebDesigner MX9 -spacebar use causes instant webpage change

It sounds like you have accidentally created a presentation document instead of a normal website. This has special key handling to step through the stages of the presentation. Look in the Options dialog, General tab, for the "Document type" drop down and make sure it says "Web document". If this isn't the case then can you attach an example .web file that displays this problem (or open a support ticket and send the file that way if private)?

Gerry

Default Re: Forms not working in WebDesigner MX9 -spacebar use causes instant webpage change

Quote Originally Posted by GerryI View Post
    It sounds like you have accidentally created a presentation document instead of a normal website. This has special key handling to step through the stages of the presentation. Look in the Options dialog, General tab, for the "Document type" drop down and make sure it says "Web document". If this isn't the case then can you attach an example .web file that displays this problem (or open a support ticket and send the file that way if private)?

Gerry
    I un-clicked 'web presentation and all is now fine. You guys come out with such solid software, it seemed hard to believe that a problem like this one would exist.

Thanks!
    Paul

You guys come out with such solid software, it seemed hard to believe that a problem like this one would exist.
    Hi Paul, I should imagine it's very difficult to build software for a non-existent problem
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host