Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Statement of project

The four programs Xara Web Designer 9, Xara Web Designer pro 9 and the two Photo and Graphics versions (when they come out) for the purpose of brevity will be referred to as Xara9.
    The purpose of this project is to enable users to access and change some registry entries for Xara9 that are not accessible through the options menu via a graphical interface. The project will be open source and can be accessed at https://sourceforge.net/p/xara9registryed/wiki/Home/.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

Default Re: Statement of project

I have to say that while it's a magnificent testimony to the Xara community spirit and enterprise, Xara should be rather embarassed that their users should need to go to these lengths for fairly standard options. If the user community finds this utility useful, Xara should be making these options accessible directly in the software, shouldn't they?

Shame on you, Xara!

;-)

[ Xara is the only software that I've come across that has such a community editor to set options ]
    IP

I can't really see why Xara would not want to make these options more easily accessible to users who wish to tweak them.

An "advanced" checkbox in the options dialog could determine whether they were visible or not.

With a new version due in the next couple of months (ish) the inclusion of additional user options would amount to another dozen useful items on the changelog which would surely translate into more upgrades?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Ampa View Post
    I can't really see why Xara would not want to make these options more easily accessible to users who wish to tweak them.
    For good or ill, the reasons have been stated here and I doubt they're likely to make these options accessible from within the program.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...249#post474249
    IP

Thanks for the link. I didn't see the thread.

It's a bizarre situation isn't it?

We have the user community hacking the program to alter options the developers think we shouldn't have access to.

Maybe there should be a middle ground, because clearly there is user demand for several of those options.
    IP