Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SourceForge usernames

Ok, I have created a project in source forge. The link seems to be https://sourceforge.net/p/xara9registryed/wiki/Home/. I guess the first thing for people to do is join sourceforge and let me know so that I can add you to the project.
    I will start figuring out how all this works!
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

Default SourceForge usernames

If you have signed up for a SourceForge account and would like to be officially added to the project, please post your SourceForge username here and in a sentence or two describe what you'd like to contribute.

Contributions can come in many forms, and are not limited to programming. Programmers are needed but project members will also be needed to write, edit and proof documentation; design logos; submit UX ideas and artwork, create tutorials on how to use the product when it is released, create and maintain a promotional page or pages, general art and design work, beta test and many other things.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com
    IP

Default Re: SourceForge usernames

Grace I would like to be a part of the SourceForge project. My SourceForge username is bbouton. I am willing to help with testing, documentation and non-programming coordination.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com
    IP

Grace,

I've signed into Sourceforge. Screen name is SWW. Username swwinters. Let me know how I can help.

Question: Going forward, do you want development discussions here on this forum, or on the Sourceforge forum?
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've joined sourceforge My username is fproctor. I can't help with coding, but I can help with graphic design, logo design, website design, and testing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

I don't really see much point in continuing as Sledger has prompted us.
    Grace
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Well the decision is yours Grace but as far as I know Steve and covoxer's XaReg2 is not open source so an open source version could still provide The Xara community with a version that would always be accessible to be continued.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    I don't really see much point in continuing...
    It's largely your call, Grace, as you've taken the lead on this. Programatically changing registry keys is relatively trivial, but the time to design a friendly UI, verify which settings should be included, document and test thoroughly for each version of each of the applicable Xara products, is not. That's primarily why I haven't pursued it myself before now as the time commitment is a major factor. And of course any time your messing with the registry, you do want to test well before making public.

If there is sufficient community support for it, it may be a worthwhile exercise. If nothing else, I think that documenting the various registry settings would be extremely useful.

Steven
    Last edited by StevenWWinters; 09 May 2013 at 01:38 PM.
    IP

Well last night I was really annoyed and ready to cancel the whole thing. But if everyone wants to continue, I am in. I am retired, so time commitment is not too big of a problem. Although, after retirement, I could never figure out how I fit work in
    Grace
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

I want to see this through, as though absolutely nothing has changed, because it hasn't.

Here's just a rough graphical idea I had, Grace, because you'd mentioned the UI. This is a long ways from being a splash screen, but I'm posting it just for fodder for discussion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaRT-splash-01-copy.jpg 
Views:	1286 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	96039

My Best,

Gary
    IP