Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Soquili Font: ready to proceed!!!

It's all good!

Now bear in mind that I don't have an assistant for compiling the font...I'll be going solo here and it's tricky work if we want a good font, so please bear with me as you finish the glyphs and perhaps we can release this one in a month or so.

My Best,

Gary

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'll share with you Styyg I've attached 4 to 6 but first you need to post a release. You can copy and paste the following and change my information to yours.

I, Frances Proctor, as a contributor to the project undertaken by a group in the TalkGraphics.com Fonts and Typography Forum, to create the following font, Soquili TG, grant a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute [the] Contributions I made to the work and such derivative works.

I understand that this is a license agreement only; it does not transfer copyright ownership and does not change my rights to use the artwork I contributed for any other purpose.

Frances Proctor, BC, Canada

Also there may be some more design work needed when we finish, possibly a pdf glyph guide and some examples of the font in use. And perhaps a short tutorial show how to use the font as an animation
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks for sharing Francis, much appreciated, downloaded the zip file and will start the tracing tomorrow. Also copied and pasted the release, changing the information of course

Regards, Stygg

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Great, Thanks Stygg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I, Gary Bouton, have downloaded Frances' tracings.

and...

I, Gary David Bouton, as a contributor to the project undertaken by a group in the TalkGraphics.com Fonts and Typography Forum, to create the following font, Soquili TG, grant a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute [the] Contributions I made to the work and such derivative works.

I understand that this is a license agreement only; it does not transfer copyright ownership and does not change my rights to use the artwork I contributed for any other purpose.

Gary David Bouton, Liverpool NY, USA

Gary do you still need the shadow tracing or not, I will trace it if you think it is necessary.I have posted the release but its ended up in the Soquili TG -A new collaborative project section.

Stygg

@Everyone

DON'T TRACE the SHADOW.

I know I'd suggested it earlier, but it detracts from our work with the font and doesn't directly relate to a tribute to Bill.

Thanks for bringing it up, Stygg.

-g

OK guys and gals.
    My trace needs to be looked at to see if it's any good?

Let me know what needs to be changed/improved?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

You're good, Rik, and thanks.

Try to keep the number of control points to a minimum without hampering your artwork.

The more control points we host in this typeface, the larger it will get in file size.

My Best,

Gary

"@Everyone

DON'T TRACE the SHADOW."

Glad you said that Gare. I was doing just that. So how do you want them submitted? Each on a different layer? Outline only? I did mine all black as did Frances, is that OK? Should I submit one as a check for control point numbers. I tried to keep mine to a minimum but have no idea how many.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.