Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
Larry and All—

I'm thinking I'm going to take this decidedly stalled effort private: IOW, I've got a collection of Native Cherokee patterns and I will trace them off and make a decorative typeface out of it. And I will first present the typeface as a gift to the Cherokee Nation on behalf of TalkGraphics and our Spirit Guide Bill Taylor, God Bless him.

If anyone would like to continue collaborating on this thread, more power to you, but MikeW hasn't check in here publicly in a while and Big Frank hasn't been here in months, and these are the only two typography-savvy members I know of, so I'll do what I've always done with typefaces. I design them, build them, and then give 'em away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cherokee-patterns.jpg 
Views:	867 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	100580

If any one would like to help me trace off the patterns, PM me, okay? I'm not going to begin until I have a major project out of the way in April. The above is but a small example of the native art I've been able to collect.

My Best,

Gary
I haven't checked into this thread because, well, several reasons. But hey, I'll send an email. I just finished a couple more fonts I had been fixing and working on for another font business. Itchin' for more.

Mike